I am Victor , Vice-President of SPENV.In support of Rachel, I shall write one on my account.
I started to know about environment issues since sec 1 from geography lessons and what really prompted me to do more is from an overseas trip to China when i was secondary 3 for the Bio Gas Tank construction which really did changed my perception.Bio Gas tank works by converting human and animal waste into gas that can be used for cooking.This help to reduce the need to cut down trees for fuel.If you have a chance to go overseas for community projects, do really treasure it .
For Poly, it was my mentor Alvin, the ex-president of SPENV, who groomed me and inspired me to initiate green projects. Thanks a lot Alvin. Hope people out there will also be able to initiate or participate in more green activities.
8 ways to be green by VICTOR
1. Set up recycle bins in your house
2. Cut down the need of plastic bags for small purchases
3. Try to walk / take public transport if possible
4. Use reusable bag when go shopping .
5. Opt for less packaging products if available. Less packaging=cheaper and env-friendly
6. Invest in a portable harddisk/thumbdrive, to cut down the usage of CDs & floppy??
7.Reuse or Recycle ur tutorials, textbooks when semester ends.It is quite sad that you cannot reduce them.
8.Be more active in SPENV :)