Education Without Borders (EWB) is a biennal international student conference that creates networks across cultures. March 2009 is the 4th conference where students from all over the world have the opportunity to congregate at Dubai, UAE to enter into lively debates and engage in discussions to generate solutions for some of the world's greatest challenge.
Delegates to EWB 2009 would be working under the broad theme "Innovative Solutions to Global Challenges" with the following sub-themes :
- e-World: Harnessing Technology for a Better World
- e-nvironment: A Sustainable Future for our Planet
- e-nergy: The Future of Energy on Earth
- e-ducation: The Role of Education in Meeting Global Challenges
- e-xchange: Cultural Exchange for Tolerance, Understanding and Peace
Accommodation and registration fees are sponsored by Higher Colleges of Technology of the United Arab Emirates. Students are expected to pay for only their own airfare. Students whose submissions are selected to be presented at the Conference need not pay for airfare.
A selection of the best papers and proposals will be included in the proceedings of the conference. Papers can be in the form of:
- Academic research papers
- Critical analysis papers
- Project proposals for entrepreneurial ideas
- Multi-media presentations
- 30th October, 2008 Call for Papers Closes (abstract submission – 200 words)
- 20th November, 2008 Abstract acceptance (submitters notified)
- 2nd February 2009 Paper/multimedia/project proposal submissions deadline
- 26th February 2009 Best submission winners notified (receive full scholarship to attend conference, including flights)
Each student has to register online with the following :
- Mentor's details
- Answer 2 questions (max 70 words per question) :
- Why should you be selected to attend the EWB2009 Conference?
- How will your attendance at the conference contirbute to your education and community?
Registration and more details can be found on the website : ewb.hct.ac.ae
Interested?? Email your details to Sp.firstname.lastname@example.org we will try to provide necessary support to help increase your chance of being selected.
CCA Points will be given. Reply latest by 5 September 2008.